- The Fast Find is designed as a direct communication, to the 406 MHz Search and Rescue satellite system, its signal indicates that you are in need of urgent response and assistance
- Transmits two signals simultaneously, one to the subscription free global 406 MHz satellite system, and the other (121.5MHz) is to speed up the local recovery response process. Once activated, FAST FIND’s signals will continue to transmit for at least 24 hours, at a powerful 5 watt output; the 406 MHz transmission ensures that a call for help gets through whatever the conditions.
- The pocket sized beacon transmits at the press of a button
- A built in strobe can be activated to automatically flash SOS to any response activity
- The unit is fitted with a bouyancy pouch that is waterproof to 10m for up to 5 minutes
- FAST FIND 220 will operate in temperatures down to -20°c and its integral battery has a user storage life of 6 years, so there’s no need for constant battery changes and re-charging.
- Please make sure you register your beacon and information (instructions included) before using the device (critical to your safety and to successful search and rescue should you need it) and check the battery before starting your trip.
|Dimensions||47 x 106 x 34mm|
|Other Specs||Operating temperature: -20 to 55°C|
Storage temperature: -30 to 70°C
Transmit duration: over 35 hours at 10°C
Frequency: 406.037MHz(alert) / 121.5MHz(homer)
Power: >5W(alert) / >50mW(homer) nominal
GPS type: 50 channel, ceramic patch antenna
Indicator light: High brightness LED signal light
SOS flashlight: Morse code SOS flash pattern, 30 operations
Activation: Manual, three stage
Self-test: Tests transmitters, battery and light
Standard compass safe distance: 1m
Standards: COSPAS-SARSATT.001/T.007class2, RTCMSC110STD 11010.2, ETSI EN 302-152-1, AS/NZS 4280.2, NSS-PLB06
Sealing depth: Immersion to 10m for 5 minutes
|Technologies||The FAST FIND’s small size belies its rugged construction and powerful output. Once activated, the distress beacon will obtain a GPS position, send out a signal for help, and continue to transmit for at least 24 hours, at a powerful 5 watt output, ensuring that your call for help gets through whatever the conditions. The pocket sized beacon transmits at the press of a button, to alert search and rescue services to your plight. A built in strobe can be activated to automatically flash SOS to any response activity. The Fast Find weighs just 5.3 oz (150g) and measures D 34mm x W 47mm x L 106mm. It is extremely sturdy and designed to cope with temperatures as low as -20°. The Fast Find’s battery is designed to run for a minimum of 24 hours at the end of 5 years after which it can be easily replaced.|